Forums

Keeping This Forum Spam-free

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Keeping This Forum Spam-free

Postby Gomer Magtibay on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Aside from the admin cleaning up spams here in BN forum "once in a while", we as concerned members of this forum, what are the ways we can do to keep this place spam-free?

Please share your suggestions, as they would also inform new-comers about the do's and don't/s here, as I am inviting dozens of outsiders to come over here to become members and participate in this forum.
Gomer Magtibay
Contribution Level: 3

Re: Keeping This Forum Spam-free

Postby Adam Taha on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:06 am

I'm going to share more, because if you're inviting people, then you'll need some more info which can help them too. It's easy for me to say report spam but there's other parts to help..

Here's a list

1. Read the rules and guidelines of the forum before doing anything else. Link below
http://www.betternetworker.com/help

In any business, in any culture, in any community - online and offline, we'd first understand what can't be done and what can't by observving the culture, belief, rules of the community.

2. Fill in the profile details in full or as much as possible fast.

Add a professional clear photo of one self and other details. That's when people know the person is serious about their business, what they do - and not really serious. Make sure photo isn't a logo, or some stockphoto. I'd like to know who I'm talking to.

Sometimes, and most of the time, I don't bother answering questions or get involved if the person hasn't taken the time to add their photos, filled in their profile.

3. Keep links in the signature and don't post links in the body of the thread

Learn to use the forum system and know everything has it's place.

- Articles in article section
- Videos in video section
- Blog posts in blog post section
- Links in the signature

4. Don't creating new threads to post ARTICLES.

It's for discussion, answering questions, causal debate. I found this to be very affecting than posting articles. I've been here since beginning, and tested it out. Use forum to ask questions, answer questions.

5. Don't creating new threads to say you've posted an article on BN
Yes, articles get hidden on top of crappy articles sometimes but this is not a reason to create a thread to tell everyone you've posted an article.

Get good at building relationship here and those who take you seriously will check your article anyway.

6. Don't use the forum by telling us, "Oh check my blog out, my video out."

It's a rookie mistake and attention seeking. We know those who do it have Low experience in marketing and sales. Don't do it!

No one cares until one provides value, and if someone wants to know more, that's where the signature link is for and the profile page.

The secret is, "make it the person THINK it's THEIR IDEA to chase and find out more about you. Let them do the work, let them prove to you they serious. When someone really hungry, respects you, sees you have value that they need to survive and win - they'll hunt.

7. Report spam.

If there is spam, just use the button on top right to send a report. The traingle one.

The way I sent spams on forum thread, and they all gone. It's what I do regularly. So if anyone sees someone posting link in thread and it's a pitch, see spambots...report it to admin.

If you report a spambot and it's already been reported it will say so.

8. Get involved in conversation, be consistent.

Forum marketing is a long term thing. It is not a quick thing we do to get leads. See it as a long term thing and not some week event or one month event.

9. If someone blatantly breaks rules, politely advice, or report.

Some people are new, and they may not the experience in life, etiquette and have low people skills. Therefore, not everyone is at a certain level we all want them to be.

So if they spam, advice them politely and paste the links to the rules of BN.

Adam Taha
Last edited by thedarkroom on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
This is just one of the websites out of many I've designed and then built built by web developer called Wayne Hatter. Want to see others let me know..
http://yourwpmadesimple.com/
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby Lynda Cromar on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 am

Report it
Then ignore it

And flood the forum with good stuff!
Get started building your list for a one time $7 http://ll.lyndasleads.com/
Lynda Cromar
Company: MyLeadSystemPRO
Contribution Level: 10

Postby Lynda Cromar on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:15 am

Report it
Then ignore it

And flood the forum with good stuff!
Lynda Cromar

Postby Melvin Goodrum on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Gomer_Magtibay wrote:Aside from the admin cleaning up spams here in BN forum "once in a while", we as concerned members of this forum, what are the ways we can do to keep this place spam-free?

Please share your suggestions, as they would also inform new-comers about the do's and don't/s here, as I am inviting dozens of outsiders to come over here to become members and participate in this forum.

There's nothing other than reporting that can be done. Most spam is from a program called Xruner and is automated.....can't reason with a robot. For everyone else, they generally get the idea when no one cares what they are saying
Getting Rowdy Since 1993 In Network Marketing

Visit my website...or DON'T at http://www.melvingoodrum.com
Melvin Goodrum
Company: AdvoCare International, L.P.
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Lynda Cromar on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Goodrum wrote:
Gomer_Magtibay wrote:Aside from the admin cleaning up spams here in BN forum "once in a while", we as concerned members of this forum, what are the ways we can do to keep this place spam-free?

There's nothing other than reporting that can be done. Most spam is from a program called Xruner and is automated.....can't reason with a robot. For everyone else, they generally get the idea when no one cares what they are saying

I did not know that thanks!
Lynda Cromar

Postby BetterNetworker Admin on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:40 pm

We can appreciate all of your frustration with the spam-bots... we are frustrated too!

Please understand that we are doing our best to control spamming in the forum.

All new member's posts will be moderated before they go live. Once they've shown themselves to genuinely want to be part of the community, they will be free to post without moderation. Our hope is that this will keep spamming in the forum to a minimum.

Hope this puts you more at ease! We are constantly working behind the scenes to improve our systems and make the BetterNetworker.com experience the best it can be for you.
---------------------
System Admin
betternetworker.com admin
http://www.betternetworker.com/help
BetterNetworker Admin
Company: 12SecondCommute
Contribution Level: 3
Site Admin

Return to Main MLM Discussion